Big Sky Running Terms and Conditions
With effect from 10 June 2020
By signing up to coaching or participating in a guided run with Big Sky Running, you agree to these Terms and Conditions.
‘Coach’ refers to the Big Sky Running coach/run leader. ‘We’ refers to Big Sky Running. ‘I’ or ‘me’ or ‘participant’ refers to you, the recipient of coaching/guided run.
Big Sky Running Coaching
1. The coach, by agreeing to work with you, will commit to your goals 100% and be available for help and support as outlined within the relevant coaching service.
2. The coach will provide everything stated in the outline of each coaching service (as listed on the relevant webpage).
3. The coach will always work for you to provide a relevant programme of exercise that works for you, your schedule and your goals.
4. The coach will work to his or her ability, based on knowledge, skills, qualifications, and coaching style.
5. Big Sky Running by nature cannot work with everyone. Big Sky Running will agree to coaching where there is capacity to give 100% effort (as stated in Number 1, above) and where Big Sky Running is a good fit for the participant (as judged by the coach).
Big Sky Running Guided Runs
1. Will provide you with a suitable, safe, assessed route based on your requirements.
2. Will provide you with a qualified Run leader to lead the session.
3. May provide additional assistants dependent on group size and/or your requirements.
1. I understand that I am ultimately responsible for ensuring my own health and fitness to participate in any coaching or guided runs provided by a Big Sky Running coach/run leader, and that it is my responsibility to inform Big Sky Running of any changes to my health which might affect my ability to exercise safely and with minimal risk of injury.
2. I understand I should not attempt to embark on any Big Sky Running plan/guided run without consulting a doctor if pregnant, have a history of knee, ankle, shoulder, back or neck problems or injury or any other pre-existing condition that may be exacerbated.
3. I understand that if at any time I feel I am exercising beyond my current fitness ability, feel any discomfort, pain, dizziness or nausea I should stop and seek medical advice.
4. I understand that Big Sky Running cannot 100% guarantee completion of my chosen event, plan or guided run.
5. It is my responsibility to wear appropriate clothing to any one-to-one coaching sessions, guided runs or when training by myself (although Big Sky Running can advise).
6. Big Sky Running accepts no liability for any damage, injury, or loss suffered by or to me, or to any other persons, or to any property in connection with Big Sky Running coaching, guided runs or otherwise.
7. I understand that personal items are my sole responsibility.
8. I understand I must put in the required work, including that recommended by the Big Sky Running coach, and that any results cannot, by nature, be guaranteed.
9. I understand that if I choose to join the Big Sky Running Club on Strava other Big Sky Running clients will be able to see sessions that I upload.
Refunds, Cancellation, and Further Coaching and Guided runs Terms and Conditions
1. I understand that I must give at least 24 hours notice of cancellation or postponement of a one-to-one session or guided run, otherwise payment in full may be due. Unfortunately weather, sickness, and other similar reasons are not applicable (at the Coach's discretion).
2. One-to-one sessions and guided runs should not be cancelled due to inclement weather unless it poses a health and safety risk.
3. I understand that should I fail to attend a one-to-one coaching session or guided run payment in full will be due, or, in the case of pre-payment, a refund will not be possible.
4. I understand that if I am late for a one-to-one coaching session or guided run that the session will not be extended to account for this. I also understand that the Coach/Run leader reserves the right to leave if I am more than 15 minutes late.
5. I understand that any one-to-one coaching session will be up to one hour or 30minutes in duration, or slightly less where the coach deems sufficient benefit to have been achieved prior to the one hour/ 30 minutes duration, or where it is inappropriate to continue.
6. I understand that all fees paid for coaching services are non-refundable, except where the coach does not fulfil his/her duty.
7. Big Sky Running reserves the right to cancel or refuse coaching at any time if the participant(s) has acted maliciously, negligently, or with misconduct.
8. Any one-to-one coaching sessions that are pre-paid in a block (for example four sessions) must be used within a rate of five weeks per session. For example, if four sessions are paid for, these should be used within 20 weeks, otherwise they expire.
9. I understand that Big Sky Running cannot offer refunds if it should happen that I do not achieve my goals, unless the coach has not fulfilled his/her duty as outlined on this website and at the beginning of any agreement.
10. I understand that all one-to-one coaching sessions must be used within six months from the purchase date, unless there is prior agreement with the coach. As per item 5 above, pre-paid sessions are non-refundable and will therefore expire after six months from the purchase date (note: we will contact you should it approach this time and you haven’t yet arranged a suitable time for the sessions).
11. I understand that Big Sky Running reserves the right to not allow ‘pausing’ of online coaching, unless there is prior agreement with the coach. If prior agreement is made to pause the online coaching, it must be resumed within six months of the pause date.
1. Big Sky Running events require an initial deposit at the time of booking at 50% of the total cost.
2. Payment in full for all events will be made no later than 7 days before the event start date.
3. All Big Sky Running events are subject to the Events cancellation and refunds policy detailed below.
Event cancellation and refunds
1. Cancellations made 28 days or more in advance of the event start date, will receive a 100% refund.
2. Cancellations within 28 days will incur a loss of any deposit.
3. Event deposit is 50% of the total cost.
4. Event cancellation by Big Sky Running Limited will result in a full refund.
5. Any cancellation request should be directed in writing via email to Info@Bigskyrunning.co.uk
1. Big Sky Running reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time, ensuring that you’re fully informed.
By signing up to coaching with Big Sky Running, you agree to these Terms and Conditions.